DIRTY WHITE BOY RSS Feed

The DIRTY WHITE BOY Blog encourages former addicts and followers to try and alter their perspective, considering for a moment that not all their time spent locked within addiction was totally and completely wasted. Despite the high probability we were unaware of it at the time, a subtle, discrete, and on-going process began in each of us. This process involved our modification of various acquired skills; an adaptive process which subliminally re-structured our behavioral responses within the toxic milieu of Addiction. The term, "Skills", used above, should not in any way imply an attempt to glorify or applaud, the illicit methods used by all of us to gain funds to support our drug habits. It is simply meant to encourage recovering addicts to shift perspectives to a parallax view, outside the traditional boundaries of the customary think-box.

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Good Morning. I hope all (or any, as the case may be) have arrived, or are at least in transit, to wherever they have planned to enjoy Thanksgiving. I also hope that those who, for one reason or another, hold most all Holidays in contempt and/or disdain, find some reason this season to at least soften their scorn just a bit. As with most things in life, how we feel and react towards them rest, for the most part, on the way we choose to view them. I'm sure most have shared periods so dark and so bleak we felt certain we'd never find the strength to rise above it. I know I've felt that way (in all probability for the majority of my life) on many occasions, and while I, perhaps, lacked strength enough to rise from those pits, eventually somehow, the strength nevertheless found me. I know, I know.....you're thinking, "What a crock of s...."; and perhaps to some, it may be. But I know the value, and the power of truly believing in one's self, and it's a power against which no other can compete.
Despite how cliche' it may be, "Giving Thanks" for all we have should be first and foremost, not only during this particular time of year, but during all times, all seasons, and for a vast multitude of reasons.
I'm quite thankful for not only what I happen to possess, but incredibly grateful for those most precious "intangibles" which have, for the most part, chosen me. My sister, Jane, for one; my Sons, David and Frank; and my dear friend, Ester, and her mother who is also my friend. I wish all of you a wonderful holiday. Frank.

No comments:

Post a Comment